Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In January:

Since the month of my last post, I have:
learned a great portion of HTML
learned middling CSS
learned Javascript (only a little bit, it is still difficult for me)
learned basics of how to use Linux systems
am a great deal better in figure drawing
learned a great deal about events and ideas in 1-2 kings, Job, Psalms
read at least a dozen books and even more short stories
learning about scared geometry, which is fascinating
started the idea/got materials for a series of cute little thread and paper images
resolved to start on an idea that has been rattling around in my brain for months, if I buckle down, I think I can get this done by next fall
met several very cute boys and have initiated conversations with them


learned the basics of pixel art and have done some little images
realized that I am basically going to college to become an odd sort of web artist and realized that that is exactly what i want to do with my life
Dressed as a pirate several times, just because i wanted to
received praise from my figure drawing teacher
went to at least six lectures about art, four on religion and one on global warming
became driven to learn things on my own
wanted to work on something great with my siblings, to make something to make us come together, because I know we can do something great as a family

I do not say these things to brag, but as a confirmation that for all the things I did not do last month, i still got a great deal accomplished and should be happy in that fact.

No comments: